Baltimore Technical SEO
Technical Search Engine Optimization in Baltimore optimizes websites and servers to improve the organic rankings your business achieves. To find out how to optimize your sites and content, search engines “crawl” your content and indexes the site. The goal is to have a fast, well-organized, secure, and technically sound website, so it will move up in the rankings for what your customers are looking to find.
A technically sound website has some key features. The crawlers recognize these features as desirable. These technical aspects should be addressed as you are designing your website and uploading content for your site. This helps your site meet the requirements of the search engine algorithms and achieve improved rankings.
- Use Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Have you ever noticed some sites have a URL starting with ”https://”? The addition of the “s” is an indication that an SSL is in place, with an encrypted link between the browser and a web server. This is a layer of security for your site. This has become a standard practice to have a security certificate on hand when building websites.
- Have a Mobile version. With all the mobile devices out there, most people use them almost as often as a laptop or desktop device. You want customers to navigate your website with ease, no matter what kind of device they are using.
- Embrace the need for speed! Fast speeds for uploading and downloading, moving between pages smoothly, and having all functions working properly on all devices is key in search engine algorithms as well.
- Keep it clean and free from “duplicates” and dead links. Links that don’t work and duplication can be annoying and interfere with the search algorithms. Delete these and your content will start to climb!
- Have a clean XML Sitemap. T XML Sitemap helps show how your site is structured and organized, as well as what information is connected and what content is found on the pages. It also helps the crawlers know what content is your high priority and when updates and modifications take place.
- Provide key info. There are protocols in place for websites to address key features crawlers try to find. Structured data markup helps search engines understand what is on each of your pages and helps to index your site more effectively, making the results more relevant to those who are online trying to find content.
- Attending to structured data markup criteria, your sites will be not only appealing visually, but the enhancements will help crawlers navigate the web pages more effectively. This not only helps to generate traffic but also to improve click-through rates.
- Use the freebies. There are several free tools allowing you to submit or register your site for search engine indexing. Submitting your sitemaps and using the early results will help you monitor and understand your website’s performance.
Klik Digital is poised and ready to help meet your needs. We have experts that can provide local SEO services in Baltimore, including technical SEO for Baltimore. Contact our company and let us get you moved up to the top of the search rankings!